After
the term test, we started learning algorithm, which means a simple sequence of
feasible steps to solve a problem. I really like this part of teaching. Our
professor used different examples to demonstrate how algorithm works in mathematical
world and daily life. The steps of making a peanut butter jam sandwich and
folding a piece paper greatly helped me understand that human-beings actually
use algorithm to solve problems every moment in their mind. It doesn’t matter whether
those problems are math problems or not. Algorithm is just a logical and effective
way of thinking.
As
what I mentioned in my last article, DrRacket is easy and interesting for me.
Now this situation changed. It is still interesting, but it is not easy
anymore. Many new commands appear with their different functions. The process
of manipulating images becomes complicated and challenging. I always get stuck when
I define something. After I click “run”, the results are not what they should
be. Finally I realized the importance of writing a statement and doing the “check-expect”
command. I used to skip and ignore them when I was doing the tutorial exercises
on my own. I begin to do the statement and the “check-expect” command
carefully. Then I am clear about everything I am going to do. So I strongly
recommend you to do the statement and the “check-expect” if you skip these things
just like me before. To be honest, I sometimes feel good when our professor makes
mistakes in class because I can tell myself I am not the only one who occasionally
messes up everything in DrRacket.
No comments:
Post a Comment