Working on Project #1
Frankly
speaking, I like this project.
I
am always wondering what could be created by using DrRacket. I have been
studying DrRacket for almost two months, and I have learned many commands regarding
manipulating images, numbers, strings, and lists. I know DrRacket is powerful,
but I don’t know what kind of work I can produce in DrRacket. However, this
project shows me what DrRacket can achieve. It is about a simple animation of a
clock with working hour, minute, and second hands. Although what I need to is
to fix some disabled features, I still become more passionate about DrRacket.
All
the mapping and listing parts in the file are hard for me. My mind was messed
up at least three times with check-expect and definitions of make-clocktime and
set-clock. The way I solvde my problems was to download all the files about
DrRacket code in the previous classes. I reviewed them, and compared some
particular lines in those files with the corresponding lines in the project. The
review helped me understand the functions of some commands that I am not
familiar with. I also learned how I can write those commands properly by consulting
our professor’s works. For example, the file about changing the colors of a
clownfish is really helpful for me to fix the first part of the clock. Besides
that, right-click on the commands was also helpful. The documentation explained
everything in details, and it also revealed some good hints to let me work
through the project.
No comments:
Post a Comment